Seven years ago, South Island Prosperity Partnership began with just two employees working out of a shared space at Ogden Point, a passion for regional economic development and a bold vision supported by a coalition of 29 public and private stakeholders. These included municipalities, First Nations, the private sector, non-profits, and industry and business associations.
Today, SIPP has doubled our team in the past year alone, grown to 70+ members and is revolutionizing economic development and sustainable growth in our region thanks to the support of our members.
Highlights of our Impact Report 2023-2024 include:
- new funding announcements
- innovative strategies and teamwork driving SIPP’s success
- an illustration of how every municipal dollar invested into SIPP has been magnified into $8 through non-municipal — federal, provincial and industry — funding, driving economic development projects
- the vital role SIPP’s Centre for Ocean Applied Sustainable Technologies plays in growing a sustainable blue economy in B.C.
- the role of SIPP’s Indigenous Prosperity Centre in the growth of the Indigenous economy.
“This Impact Report is a testament to our members’ importance,” says SIPP CEO Emilie de Rosenroll, “and how they’re supporting strides toward a prosperous, inclusive and sustainable future for Southern Vancouver Island.”