Greater Victoria is renowned as Canada’s premier lifestyle destination. The region’s mild climate and breathtaking outdoor beauty make it the perfect choice for residents seeking work-life balance.
What’s it Like Here?
Many people think of Greater Victoria as tourist destination, but did you know that we’ve exploded into a thriving entrepreneurial city?
Our region’s tech sector has tripled in revenue since 2004, and now has twice the economic impact of local tourism!
As entrepreneurs find themselves freed from constraints of geography, Victoria and the South Island are attracting incredible talent from California, Vancouver, the Cascadia Corridor, and around the world.
South Island Snapshot
Are you curious about how Greater Victoria measures up with peer cities across Canada and around the world?
Over 400,000 awesome people live here
The mildest climate in Canada
The most restaurants per capita in Canada
13 municipalities in our region
10 First Nations communities in the South Island region
2nd largest metropolitan area in BC, behind Vancouver
3 major post-secondary institutions
$600 billion Cascadia mega-region economic output (region from Seattle to Vancouver)
$18 Billion annual GDP (Greater Victoria)
Victoria is regularly lauded for many things. Here are some recent awards.
- #4 Top Five Cities in Canada – Travel & Leisure World’s Best Awards 2019
- #1 Canadian city to be a woman – Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives 2017
- #2 Millennial hotspot in Canada – Point 2 Homes 2019
- #2 Best City For Youth To Work In Canada – Youthful Cities Index 2019
- Top 10 Friendliest Cities in the World – Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Survey 2018
- #2 Top 20 Best Small Cities in the World – Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Survey 2017
- Best airport in North America – Airports Council International Award 2015
- #6 Best island in the world – Conde Nast Readers’ Choice Survey 2016
- #7 Top 25 best cities in the world – Conde Nast Readers’ Choice Survey 2016
- #7 most entrepreneurial city (out of 121) – the Canadian Federation of Independent Business 2016
Why Invest Here?
Smart. Experienced. Friendly. Beautiful. Consistently ranked one of the best small cities in the world, Greater Victoria is a place where business prospers, and people thrive.
What is Greater Victoria all about?
We’re West Coast
Which means we hold nature, health and recreation in high esteem.
Which means tolerance and inclusion are second nature.
We’re a Gateway to Asia
So our economic perspective is expansive and optimistic.
We offer a ecosystem where where innovation & creativity connect
We share a forward-thinking nature with cities like Vancouver, Portland, and San Francisco.